Select Scoota are doing it again. Riding from Melbourne to somewhere far far away. But this time they want you!
Select Scooter (SYM Australia)
Here we go again, and we need you:
The cold weather has done something to us here at Select, freezing out the memories of our Citycom ride to Cameron’s corner and back. So much so that Tim has decided it’s high time for another epic journey, this time even longer than the last.
We’re calling it “Epic Symtember”
this Symtember, we’re embarking on a monumental journey, from
Melbourne, North West towards Birdsville. The exact date and route will
be confirmed over the coming weeks, but we are inviting someone (or
even two people) from the scootering community to come with us.
ride with Tim, Scott and Morf (Morf is a dog), the Select mascot, on an epic journey
towards Australia’s great centre. This ride will be fully supported,
and could be in excess of 6000km over a 7-10 day period. There will be
sealed roads, unsealed roads and lots of laughs. Not only will this be a
fantastic ride for any avid scooterists, it will be an awesome
opportunity as we will be road testing 3 exciting new models that will
hit Australia’s shores later this year. We expect to take our Scootas
where no Scoota has gone before.
What we will provide:
• 1 of 3 exciting new Scootas to put to the test
• Up to $300 towards an airfare for the lucky participant to get them to Melbourne.
• All meals and accommodation along the way.
• Support vehicle to carry your gear.
We are working closely with our sponsors to ensure we are all kitted
out in the latest safety apparel, which you will get to keep after the
What you need to provide:
• A great sense of humour
• Some journalistic ability (to write an article for us when we return)
• The desire to rough it in a swag under the stars some evenings.
• A current motorcycle licence
• And a strong scooters-can-do-anything spirit.
To get involved:
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Tell us what you ride, where
you’re from, what your bad habits are (and good habits), where you’ve
been on your scoot, and where you’d like to go. Do you have mechanical
ability and do you like dogs? Really, we just want a light hearted
story that will help secure your place on the “Epic Symtember” team.
• We will judge the winner/s based on what responses we get, so get typing…