Kymco AK550 Arrival Date
KYMCO Australia is pleased to announce the arrival of its new flagship maxi scooter, the AK550. A first class scooter that has the best of both worlds of performance and touring.
Kymco Captures The Luxury Scooter Market
“KYMCO has really done an incredible job with the AK550, such a brilliant piece of machinery, equipped with an exciting list of industry leading features, sure to impress the most meticulous of scooter enthusiasts,” said KYMCO Australia Director Michael Poynton.
Not only does the AK550 have a great list of premium features it also offers great value too, unlike its competitors the AK550 comes without the hefty price tag.
With the tagline, ‘the thrills of touring,’ the AK550 delivers with the following features that will please both spirited rider and the adventurous tourer.
Lightweight construction, aluminium frame, hollow design aluminium wheels and low weight radial tyres to help keep the weight down to deliver an impressive power to weight ratio.
Low seat height gives the rider comfortable ergonomics and confidence in manoeuvring, enhancing the riding experience. The AK550 has a low centre of gravity and near 50/50 weight distribution front to back, creating fantastic handling characteristics.
Performance braking with twin Brembo calipers on dual 280mm floating discs up front, single caliper and a 260mm disc on the rear. The AK550 is fitted with world class Bosch 9.1 ABS, which is the lightest, shortest stopping and fastest acting emergency braking system on the market.
Underneath the beautifully styled AK550 body, hides a silky smooth 550cc twin cylinder EFI engine. When opened up the KYMCO twin puts out a highly responsive 39.9KW, plenty of power to excite as you carve up the open road. Two power modes available on the fly from normal (performance) to wet, with a more reserved power delivery.
Upside down (USD) front fork and three-stage reducer technology is used on the rear to basically unweight the engine from the transmission reducing the unsprung weight on the rear suspension resulting in a nicely balanced and comfortable ride.
The AK550 has a great balance of large storage space for the tourer while keeping a compact body design to please the spirited rider.
An Australian first, the AK550 is equipped with KYMCO’s new Noodoe dashboard technology. Noodoe is an interactive dash that connects the riders smart phone to the scooter providing on board notifications, smart navigation options, customisable dash display options as well as the ability to create their very own unique dash display and are also able to share it, plus more through the Noodoe cloud – an online social community.
The AK550 is will arrive on dealership floors in December and has a RRP of $11,990 inc GST plus on road costs. Available in Space Grey, supported by a national KYMCO dealer network and comes with KYMCO’s 3-year factory warranty program.
For further information on KYMCO’s AK550, get in contact with your local KYMCO dealer or head to the website www.kymco.com.au.
- 550 cc, in-line twin cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 8 valves
- Premium KYMCO design
- New Noodoe dashboard technology
- Aluminium lightweight frame
- 41mm Upside down (USD) front fork
- Horizontal trailing arm rear suspension
- Twin 280mm front discs paired with twin Brembo calipers and a single 260 mm rear disc with new generation 9.1 Bosch ABS brake system
- 15-inch front alloy wheel with 120/70 METZELER tyre, 15-inch rear alloy wheel with 160/60 METZELER tyre
- Low centre of gravity and near 50/50 weight distribution
- Low seat height, great ergonomics and confidence when manoeuvring
- Carefully structured exhaust system to enhance the distinctive twin cylinder sound
- Spacious under seat compartment (easily fits two helmets) and twin front glove box compartments
- LED lights, on board USB ports
- 3 year factory warranty
- Available colour in Space Grey